Monday, June 21, 2010

Toy Story 3 Party

Last June the trailer for Toy Story 3 was on YouTube. I can't tell you how many times Thomas watched that video clip. Since he was three years old Toy Story and Toy Story 2 have been some of his favorite movies. We have collected all the figures from the movie including Jessie, Bullseye and Stinky Pete. They have become some of his treasured toys. When I started asking Thomas what kind of party we wanted for when he turned 5, he simply said, "a movie theater party." And when I asked who he wanted to invite (thinking he was going to say every child in his class) he only listed two names: Luke and Owen, who have been his buddies since he was three. Wish granted! So, after some minor scheduling conflicts we finally figured out a time to take the kids (and their families) to the movies. On Monday night we went with bags of popcorn secretly stored in tote bags to see the long awaited movie. I might say that it was possibly the best movie I have seen in a very long time. I think it made every mom cry and rethink giving their child's toys away!

No comments: