Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nathan's First Birthday!

We celebrated Nathan's first birthday on Sunday surrounded by our friends and family. Our monkey theme party was a lot of fun and I have to admit, it was fun to plan, too! Nathan chased all the kids around the house and wanted to see what everyone was getting into. I was glad that everyone enjoyed our lunch and yummy monkey shaped cake. Rather than purchase little party favors for the younger kids, we made stuffed animal monkeys like when you visit "Build-a-Bear Workshop". Each child stuffed their monkey will polyfill and then added a small foam heart inside. Afterwards, they took home a birth certificate for their new friend. I had fun watching the kids and their moms make them and I think it was a special way for them to always remember Nathan's first birthday. Nathan wasn't shy about trying his first piece of cake. I think he's a HUGE fan of buttercream frosting! Here are some highlights:


No comments: