Monday, June 21, 2010
First Swim Lesson
On Monday Thomas began his swim lessons. We signed him up at the Oviedo YMCA. The group meets on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8:30 am. It is a half hour lesson with only 5 children in the group. Thomas is the oldest. Over the past two years he has had an intense fear of the water. Even after having two years of swim lessons, he is still afraid. When I noticed him "swimming" in the bathtub I thought this was the year to try lessons again. Well, he was upset that I signed him up. He said that he was afraid he would "sink". I told him that he would unless he learned to swim. Monday proved to be full of anxious feelings. He eventually got in the water with the instructor. On the Wednesday lesson he did much better. He seemed more comfortable. He even kicked and floated with assistance. Here is the only picture I have been able to get so far. The children are in the water with only the instructor and I am in a glass observation room on the other side of the pool. Maybe by mid July when the lessons are complete he'll be a little fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment