Friday, April 16, 2010

First "Get Away"

During Spring Break Ken and I got to experience our first "get away" as parents. I have to admit it was fabulous! We stated planning it a few weeks ago and decided to go to the beach since it would be far enough away to feel like a vacation, yet close enough to the kids if they should need us. Nana and Papa offered to watch them for the three days. The boys had a lot of fun and we are so thankful that they could help us! We went to New Smyrna Beach and stayed at The Riverview Hotel. It was a small, quiet hotel where the morning paper was sweetly tucked under our door. I knew that I wanted to just relax and not plan anything! I have to admit that working full time along with being a mom to two gets rather stressful at times. I was looking forward to not having to worry about bottles, diapers, baseball, bedtimes, etc. While we were there we walked to the beach several times, ate at quaint restaurants, and enjoyed the peace and quiet. The only scheduled event was my pedicure and massage at The Spa at Riverview. The spa is on the same property as the hotel is simply described as "paradise". It is certainly a place we can't wait to visit again! Thanks to Elizabeth for suggesting we visit here. We are still talking about it!



No comments: