Sunday, November 29, 2009

So Thankful...

We are especially thankful this year for our sweet Nathan. It was fun celebrating as a family of four. Nathan looked so cute in his "First Thanksgiving" outfit. It was hard not to think that this time next year, Nathan will be chasing Thomas around in the yard with all his other cousins!
Our family celebrated Thanksgiving twice this season, which always is a yummy way to celebrate! We celebrated Thanksgiving day with the Rhodes side of the family. I think we had almost 20 gathered for Thanksgiving dinner. It's nice that everyone brings a little something for the feast. We had fun catching up with everyone and talking about the next big holiday, Christmas!



















Speaking of Christmas, I celebrated Black Friday again this year. I was at the first store at 4 am. I only went to a handful of stores (Kohl's, Target, Walmart, Toys R Us, Bealls, and Gymboree) but I got such amazing deals. I was home by 10am and took a two hour nap. By late afternoon, I caught my second wind and we went down to I-drive so that Ken could go to Bass Pro Shops. Santa was already there. Thomas even said, "I didn't know Santa worked here!" Thomas has been rather afraid to see Santa and we decided to all see him together. It brought tears to my eyes when he told Santa the things he wanted. (The Big Dinosaur, more train pieces for his GeoTrax, jammies and Gator Golf). He is growing up so fast! Santa said that he has email now, so if he thought of anything else, we could email him! How funny! They took our first family of four holiday picture!



















Then, the Saturday after Thanksgiving we always go to my Mom and Dad's to celebrate. I have to admit it is less stressful when celebrating a few days after the main event. Everyone just enjoys hanging out. This year we played Trivial Pursuit the 1980's trivia game. We had so much fun! Mom did a great job on the yummy meal and dessert was delicious! I even allowed Nathan to try mashed potatoes. He enjoyed the few bites I gave him. He even learned a new trick! Watch....




No comments: