Monday, November 23, 2009
Rite of Passage
On Friday, Thomas had another "rite of passage" as a boy. He got his first set of stitches. The day started off just fine. I dropped him and Nathan off at their schools and then went to work. I was visiting a teacher friend of mine, when the office paged me over the intercom. Turns out that Thomas' school was trying to reach me. He had slipped on the tile floor at school and bumped the eye on the corner of the sand and water table. They weren't too sure if it needed stitches and suggested that I come right away. Ken was on the river fishing so it was faster for me to get there. I quickly called Ken and told him to get home. I picked Thomas up and he was being so brave and calm. I took him to our pediatrician and they saw him right away. The doctor said it needed two stitches. They had to place Thomas in a straight jacket type board so that he would stay still. It was heartbreaking for me to watch. He was so brave! Luckily, I was able to meet up with Ken at my school parking lot to drop Thomas off to him. The crazy thing is that my class had their Thanksgiving show that morning and I was within minutes of it starting. My adrenaline was high the remaining part of the day but I am glad that Thomas is doing well after the whole ordeal. We go back next Saturday morning to have them removed. Here's a picture of what it looks like now. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment