Thomas went on his very first field trip today to the pumpkin patch. He was so excited to ride an official school bus. He talked about how you have to be quiet on the bus so the bus driver stays focused. He went over basic stranger danger rules, just to be safe. I was so nervous to let him go since I was not going to be a chaperon. Ken assured me that he would be safe and that it would hurt his feelings if we didn't allow him to have this special experience with his classmates. I even placed a note in his pocket that read, "My name is Thomas Rhodes. If you find me, please call my mommy." In the end, I am so glad he got a chance to go. Turns out that Luke, Thomas' best buddy's dad followed the bus and hung around to take some pictures of the boys. I am so glad he captured the moment for me. Thomas brought home a mini pumpkin as a souvenir. He also told us about riding on the bus with a little girl named Leah. When we asked him about her, he said that she had an "L" in her name and that she had "beautiful" hair. Seems Thomas is already a charmer. Ha! Next month their class is going to Publix on a field trip and at the end of the year they plan to visit the zoo. I have to admit that the zoo is too far out of my comfort zone, so I think I will be calling in sick that day so I can go with Thomas and his class.


No comments:
Post a Comment