On Thursday, I had the chance to
chaperone Thomas' class field trip to the Central Florida Zoo. As we talked about going I asked Thomas if it would be okay if I sat with him on the bus for the trip and he replied, " I don't know Mom, I might have to sit with an adult." Ha! Luckily, he let me sit with him even though I'm only a Mommy. I think it has almost been ten years since I have been there. I knew that they re-did portions of the zoo and I was looking forward to seeing the changes. When we arrived I was very impressed by their changes. They now have a little water park, a
carousel, a train ride, and even a
zip line course. Although, there didn't seem to be as many animals there as I remember.
It was a very chilly day when we went. The highs never got out of the 50's. Thomas' class behaved on the bus and while visiting the zoo. They were excited to see the animals and venture into the petting zoo part. Thomas didn't like when the animals left "slime" on his hands after feeding them. When we saw the kangaroo area the teacher asked what kind of habitat the kangaroos live in. Thomas raised his hand and said that their habitat was a cage. :) She then rephrased the question and asked him what kind of area does a kangaroo live in, and he replied, "a habitat." Guess, we will be revisiting the lesson of habitats!
These are a few of my favorite photos from o
ur morning at the zoo.



Thomas was showing me how big the crocodile was! It was thiiiiiiissss big! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment