Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Play Ball!

Last Saturday, Oviedo Babe Ruth had their Opening Day. The teams were all there. I hear that there are over 1,000 kids in the League this year. That's amazing! The day began at 8am on the field. Thomas was in a skill competition. He had to throw three balls into a large bucket at the end of the batting cage. He did awesome! Then we walked over to another field to have our individual pictures and team photos taken. I ordered a photo package but was able to quickly snap a few shots of Thomas while the photographer had him focused. I hope the ones I ordered come out just as great! We then had some free time, so we ate our picnic lunch. Good idea we brought sandwiches since the lines were so long for food. There was an opening ceremony which ALL the teams sat on the field and listened to people from the League tell about how great their year was last season. Then someone threw out the first pitch! It was such a wonderful sense of community! I love it! Some teams had to start playing games while the rest of us enjoyed the bounce houses and basket raffles! It was a long day, but a great one. Here are the highlights:

No comments: