Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Whirlwind!

Our family had such a wonderful Christmas! We made cookies for Santa and Thomas wrote his letter to Santa. I was so proud that he sounded out the words and wrote a few sentences. I took the boys to Christmas Eve Mass. There was a children's choir which I think Thomas really enjoyed. This was the first time that I ventured to church with both kids and they did great. I think Thomas really enjoyed the company of an older lady that sat next to us. I'm sure she didn't get a lot of praying done since Thomas wanted to play twenty questions! Afterwards, we came home and got ready for Santa. We put out reindeer food and set out the cookies. After reading some classic Christmas stories, Thomas was eager to get to sleep so that Santa could come. He slept until about 8am and was so excited and surprised that Santa brought him the Fisher Price dinosaur that he had been wanting. It was so much fun watching Thomas' reaction and seeing Nathan scooting to play with his toys. That morning Ken opened the blinds and to our surprise Santa brought us a playhouse with a working doorbell and fountain. He even brought a mailbox and had time to place a letter inside for Thomas. Thomas was in and out of the house the entire morning playing with some toys inside and out. For lunch, we went to Ken's aunt and uncle's house and we got to visit with all of his family there. Thomas was able to play with his cousins, too. After that we headed down the street to visit Ken's mom and sister. The boys were spoiled yet again and by 7 o'clock, Thomas had reached his limit and the baby was ready for bed. It was a very busy day, but we truly enjoyed all the commotion. We will continue our holiday celebrating on Monday when we celebrate with my side of the family for our traditional homemade spaghetti and meatball dinner and I'm sure...more presents! We hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy the pictures!












No comments: