Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day

I have been meaning to post some pictures from our special Mother's Day. There was a Mother's Day Tea at Thomas' school. It was so precious. For months they asked parents to send in an outgrown shoe to prepare for Mother's Day. I sent in a pair of cowboy boots that Thomas wore for probably an entire year. When I showed up at the school gym for the tea party, there on the tables were all these shoes that had been "bronzed". It's such a cute idea. I'm glad that he got to make one for Nana, too.












Also for Mother's Day we took Thomas to Build-a-Bear Workshop in the Altamonte Mall. He got to build an animal for him and one to bring with him to the hospital when he meets Nathan for the first time. We had a lot of fun! Thomas chose a monkey whom he named Dexter. (After the monkey in "Night at the Museum".) Then he made an asthma and allergy free puppy dog that he named, Biltmore, after Nana and Papa's dog. We stuffed them with love (and apparently tracking devices in case we ever lose them). We gave them each a sound button and printed a birth certificate, too. He got to "wash" the animal before heading over to the clothing area. We did NOT buy any clothes, but they were cute. (Had this store been around when I was growing up, my parents would have been broke!) We got to carry the animals home in their own "condo". It was a perfect Mother's Day! It was my last Mother's Day as a mother to one. Next year will be double the fun.

No comments: