Thursday, October 13, 2011

Illinois Trip! (Thursday,Part 1)

Mom, Thomas and I went up to see Elizabeth and Brian this past week. It was so much fun and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I have to say that I took nearly 400 pictures so I'm only going to post some of the highlights.
We arrived at the airport Thursday ready for our adventure. Thomas was a little nervous but very excited for his first plane ride. We rode the monorail to where we got on our plane. Thomas was loved watching the plane get ready.





When we boarded he got to meet the pilot, Captain Ken, and even got to see the cockpit. The pilot gave Thomas his first set of wings. He thought it was so cool. I was nervous that Thomas would be "sick" during the ride but instead he stared out the window and whispered, "awwwesommme" as we took off. His ears started bothering his during the decent, but that was the only thing that bothered him.


Elizabeth and Brian picked us up from the airport. It was very cool and a little rainy. We got some lunch and then headed back to their house in the most lovely neighborhood. All the homes are from the 1920's so they have so much character! We got to rest a little and enjoy a yummy pot roast meal that Elizabeth had made.



Thomas on the other hand did no resting. He was too busy checking out their basement, also known as "the man cave" and he was playing Super Mario. We took Brian to class late in the afternoon and got to see all the pretty homes and parts of campus where they go to school. Along the way we saw a McCullough St. I told Thomas that Papa did something very famous on that street and that's why it was named after him. Ha! Day one proved to be an exhausting day, but so much fun!

No comments: