Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School

I thought I'd be sneaky and "stage" our back-to-school photos on Sunday, just incase Monday morning was too stressful. I took Nathan to his new school, in his special outfit with his backpack and flowers for his teacher. Of course he didn't want to smile for the camera. He was too intrigued at why the doors wouldn't open. I prayed that the alarms didn't go off! So, I brought the camera for "official" school pictures and got a few more shots. The boys both got up pretty easily. We were out the door by 6:40 since I wasn't sure how long it would take me to say good-bye to Nathan. He did great at first. I got him settled to eat a little breakfast and then when I told him that I would be back. He just looked at me and started crying! Poor little guy. He was so excited to see me at 4:00! The teacher said he refused to take off his backpack and even took a nap wearing it! I hope that the transition is a little easier tomorrow.

Thomas LOVES first grade. He had no problems being dropped off at our extended day. He found his class by himself and I got to see him at lunch. He said that they graphed how many boys and girls are in the class and that they learned about "topics". He is excited to go back, which is great!









No comments: