Monday, August 3, 2009

Funny Stories

There have been a few occasions that I have wanted to write down conversations that Thomas and I have had. I thought you'd like to have a laugh just like I did...

Story 1: Miller's School Supply
Thomas, Nathan and I recently went to Miller's School Supply to gather some materials for school. If you purchase $35, (which is not hard to do),then you get to go into their chocolate shop and get a free piece of chocolate. Thomas went inside and gave his little ticket to Mrs. Miller. She said, "Hi, Darlin'. What kind of chocolate would you like? Dark or Milk chocolate?" Thomas took a piece of milk chocolate and said thank you. Mrs. Miller replied, "You're welcome Darlin'. Come back and see me." Thomas then said while pointing to his chest, "My name is NOT Darlin'; it's Thomas." Ha! I guess I need to teach him about term of endearment!!

Story 2: The Ring
Thomas has been really enjoying pretend play. He is constantly talking to an imaginary person or animal. When I put Thomas down for a nap last week, I heard him talking and talking. I went inside and asked what he needed. He said, "I need a ring." "A ring?", I asked. "What kind of ring?" He said, " A ring like yours." "Why do you need a ring like mine?", I asked him. He looked up and simply said, " I want to be married." I smiled. "Who are you going to marry?" I asked him. "Myself, " he replied. I expained that you can't marry yourself. I explained how mommy married daddy. He said, "I'll marry you." He demanded for me to go look around the house for a ring. When I brought back a little carnival prize type ring, he said no....that's not the right kind.
"I need one with a stem, " he said. Ha! (The "stem" being the center diamond setting prongs.)

No comments: