Monday, March 9, 2009
Poor Little Guy
Last Thursday,Thomas got a 102 fever near 10 pm. I should have known better. That night I felt his head twice and it was warm, but I didn't think it was that high! By 2:30am Thomas was running a 103 fever and his eyes were swollen shut. I mean SHUT! I couldn't even help open them. He was so afraid. He kept screaming, "I can't see. What's wrong with my eyes?!" Because I wasn't sure if the fever made his eyes swell, we called Nana and got her advice after waking her up. We went ahead to the Arnold Palmer Children's ER. After waiting a while for the doctor, she said that the swollen eyes must be from "environmental allergies". Although, she couldn't explain the high fever. She gave us a couple prescriptions and sent us home. His eyes were swollen for the next 24 hours although by the end of Friday night he could open his eyes half way to wacth TV. All he wanted to do was lay in his wagon to watch TV. I think that's because the metal wagon was cool on his hot body. By Saturday morning, his fever was 104 but no swollen eyes. The fever finally passed by mid-afternoon and luckily by Sunday we were fever free. I got some pitiful pictures of him in the wagon and a couple of him feeling much better.
My poor little guy!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment