Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lots to Share!

It's pretty sad that it has been a month since I've updated this site. That pretty much tells you how busy I have been. It's rather pathetic that the only reason why I am updating it at this moment is because I know I get to stay in my jammies tomorrow. Thomas came home from school today with a 102 fever and he is still running a fever, so we are staying home. I am kind of looking forward to playing "catch-up" during the day. I already have my lists of "Things to Do". None of them are exciting things, but I will hope to feel productive.

Within the last month Thomas has simply amazed me. I don't even know where to start. He is enjoying school . He doesn't cry when I drop him off. He goes to his teacher and tells me bye. He comes home telling us events that have happened during the day and has made lots of new friends. We even see one at our church. I guess I don't have to look into homeschooling anymore!

He has become very interested in reading. He read the word "Publix" off of a semi on the way to school. I asked him what was inside the truck and he said, "a man!" Duh, ma! At school, he can read almost all the names of the kids in the class. When he pointed to the name Vivian in his class, he tried to convince me it was the name, Brian. I said, "No, no, that's Vivian's name." He said, "No, Mom!" Then he pointed to the name and said, "see...-i-a-n. Brian!" I think I have an early reader on my hands.

He is also becoming more brave. He really enjoys riding his bike around the block. He rides sooo fast that I have to run to catch up to him. He doesn't fuss about wearing a helmet which is good since he likes to look down while riding. We are trying to teach him to stick to ONE side of the street....not the middle.

He is also learning to be an entertainer. He has a few CD's that he MUST listen to in the car and in his room. At times I feel like he is already a teenager. He shuts his bedroom door and BLARES the music. Then I poke my head in and I see him dancing and having "jazz hands". Where does he learn this?? I'm not teaching him that! It is so funny. I hope to get it on video.

He has been able to verbalize his opinion so well lately. He talks from the moment he wakes to the moment he falls asleep and sometimes even in his sleep. (Gee....I wonder where he gets that?!) He says the cutest things. The other day he asked his Nana if she had a watch. She said yes. He said, "My mommy has a watch but it's broken." Nana said, "Maybe it just needs a new battery." He replied, "Yeah, double AA's." From the mouths of babes, right?

Here's my new favorite photographs of him. They were taken at his school. You have to buy photo packages when they turn out this cute! The following week he had MORE school pictures taken. I haven't seen those proofs yet, but I'm sure I'll be broke soon just from him going to preschool!

No comments: