Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School

Today we reached another milestone....the first day of school.












We started getting ready the night before by choosing the special "first day"outfit, we also prepared the lunchbox, and picked out a special stuffed animal to take for naptime. We accidentally oversplept this morning which added to the stress of it all. I didn't get to snuggle him long enough as I planned. We made it to school on time and we were so glad that Ken took the morning off to go with us. Thomas wasn't too sure about going. He told me, "I'm going to leave my lunchbox in the van." Translation: if I leave my lunch she won't let ME stay at school because I won't be able to eat. (Ha! And to think he's only three! ) He did cry as we were getting ready to leave him. He said to me, "Bye, Mommy....it's ok, daddy's going to stay with me." Talk about disappointing him! Needless to say, the staff said he had a good day with some tears. I suppose that's normal and to be expected. He is a little upset that I am making him go again tomorrow. (By the way, Thomas took flowers to his teacher this morning just like I did on my first day of nursery school. )

No comments: